Saturday, October 3, 2009

So I was sitting in J&H tires in Essex last week and about an hour into waiting, i turn around and notice that there's writing on the window....
Somebody wrote a poem, dedicated to America. 

Somebody spent so so so long writing it out, lining it up- there were no mistakes and the title was red white and blue in each letter. Now that's dedication.  It made me think a little about screen paintings. You know, where those old people paint pictures on their screen doors and whatnot. I went to the visionary, i guess a little over a year ago and watched a documentary on it. It's genuine folk art. tradition passed down. Now whenever I pass a painted screen i think of it. THE POINT IS. windows are often times something to look at, rather than something to look through. 
I spent like a half hour reading this poem backwards. and then i failed md state inspection. coooool.

No comments:

Post a Comment